March 31sts

3/31/2009

In pop music, efficient repetition is your friend.


 

Headz: 









3/31/2015

When I was a composition student, one exercise was to create a music paraphrase of an existing piece (in this case a piece by Schubert), where the piano part was cut and pasted to a new score, to which a new melody was composed to the Little Rose of the Field. Nothing was "stolen" in this case, but rather more cut-up a la Burroughs or Schwitters collage.

3/31/2025

The early editions were slim volumes, and now have grown to 400 pages--each. This is because I either dictate everything, or there are video transcriptions, which can be quite long. In addition, there are quite a few photographs, which makes it a longer book. Remember, this is 28 years of March entries. 

The United States has no resemblance to the United States in 1997, when I started the diary. In retrospect, I saw things really going off the rails in about 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2nds

Composition Strategies Game

September 30ths

On the Other Side of the Year

Songs With Bridges

Atomic Disease

Isomelody and Isorhythm

Harmonic Cycling