Stand A Chance

A lyric has to start somewhere. In this case, it was this entry, then a rhythm sketched in a notebook. AI makes it easy because you're disabused of the (tedium of) recording. Not that recording isn't creative in itself, but AI at least gives you a prototype. Personally, none of these AI spins are something I would do, and I do have my own version of this.

AI was also used in the lyric-writing, using an LLM of my entire lyric notebook and the Dynaxioms, so it's essentially a "Dynaxiom song" or an "assembled" lyric with bits coming from several sources.

0132. A 'quiet faith' is a better faith. If people can't hear you they won't try to disagree or try to shoot it down.  

0333. Asking 'why' indicates there's a knowledge gap. Saying 'why not' puts [blind] faith before knowledge. That's the essence of 'Just Do It'. (What's the gap between blind faith and intuition?) 

3/2/2005
 
I like the new ad campaign for Apple’s iPod Shuffle: “Life Is Random...Give Chance a Chance”. (I’m glad people have started to embrace the idea of randomness. It obviates the need for belief or blind faith cuz randomness will deconstruct it). 

The final lyric:

The need for belief
Or blind faith
Give chance a chance
You'll stand a chance

A quiet faith
Is a better faith
Keep it to yourself
You control your fate

Resolutions
Are a faith, it's true
Your ability
To follow through

[Chorus]

The need for belief
Or blind faith
Give chance a chance
You'll stand a chance

I don't know
But pretend that I do
Faith is a comfort
Comfortable truth

It might be
Your lucky day
But like a nice day
Is a thousand miles away

The need for belief
Or blind faith
Give chance a chance
You'll stand a chance  

*** 

 

*** 

The original notebook sketch


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2nds

Composition Strategies Game

September 30ths

On the Other Side of the Year

Songs With Bridges

Atomic Disease

Isomelody and Isorhythm

Harmonic Cycling