April 6ths (Equality of Vision)

4/6/1966

(Beatles Studio Diary)

 “The first session for what was to become the significant album Revolver. Here was a set of recordings destined to rock the rock world, and change the course of popular music. And its momentous closing song ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’ was the first to be taped. What a start!...”

4/6/1999

Story on radio about rock concert in Serbia where they were protesting against NATO, asking for peace. No one protested against Milosevic, because if they did they would be dead. I thought rock ‘n’ roll was anti-oppression? 

Listened to interview with Mary Schmich, the Tribune columnist, whose graduation speech column was used as a lyric for a techno groove. I like the idea that anything can be used as a lyric. Obviously someone is using the old Lennon technique of getting ideas from a newspaper.

[4/6/2025: And I’m still at it…]

4/6/2016

Another 80s watershed: Sting’s Dream of the Blue Turtles (1985), the other “Revolution in the Head”, from poppy Police to sullen introspection and dream diaries--conflating Jungian analysis (individuation) with the vagaries of being a rock star, for example the lyric and the end of All This Time: “Men go crazy in congregations, we only get better one by one”, that now has been flipped to focus on the group (social media). This is probably bound to flip again at some point when nothing seems to have changed, and we go within. 

4/6/2021

Should we always write what we feel? Not necessarily. When I'm feeling well and I have a lot of energy it doesn't necessarily mean I have to write things in a major key. Many times when I'm feeling good I write the darkest music, and I suppose it works the other way around when you don't feel well and you start writing things in major keys. I've done that but I don't think it made me feel any better. That’s more of a listening thing. #riff 

[4/6/2026: AI music excludes emotions in the process of writing and playing the music, but emotions arise from the reaction to the results, which are those of a listener. This is an interesting shift].

4/6/2048

(Anthony Townes Diary)

What was the "Equality of Vision" installation?


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2nds

September 30ths

On the Other Side of the Year

Composition Strategies Game

Be Bach (AI Version)

Atomic Disease