October 1sts
10/1/2013
The edge of a building (The MCA) against storm clouds, which has a Necker Cube effect where the image “flips"--a building in the foreground with clouds in the background, or the reverse where it looks like a body of water that's on an edge.
10/1/2021
Tony Bennett, now 90, releases new album with Lady Gaga. I see this as how the generational gap can be bridged, for mutual reverence for old and new generations using music. This reminds me of a similar mutual reverence between Eddie Van Halen and Les Paul back in the 1980s.
Gaga: “I see a young boy every time I sing with him, and it just makes the experience of singing so freeing. To have it be about two souls singing together...and then at the same time, I also take in all his wisdom. The wisdom of all his years.”
[Musing On Music LLM: "Discuss how music is intergenerational"]
***
Over the years I’ve observed how cameras have evolved, not so much technologically, but how we’re looking through the camera. (Obviously, drone cameras cause this overview effect). Back in the early 20th century photographers like Rodchenko and Moholy-Nagy were interested in the overview effect by taking photographs from the Eiffel Tower looking over the landscape. It was a new way of seeing, as drones are now.
[“Discuss the effect technology has on perception”, “Discuss the Overview Effect”]

Comments
Post a Comment