Invisibliize

 

DGDG is an interesting tuning to experiment with. You could view it as an "Open G" for bass (or G5), or as a combination of bass and cello tunings, or a "cello sandwich" with fifths bookended by fourths, or as "Drop D-G").

 It has a nice movable major 7th chord using a combination of fretted notes and natural harmonics (in this case alternating a major third apart), and demonstrates how you can use alternate tunings to generate song ideas, even on a bass. I probably would not have discovered the two oscillating chords on other instruments.

Once I start to track up an idea it starts to change. I had used it for a heavier proggy arrangement, using strumming, which can work well as rhythm guitar parts. What started as delicate noodling while watching a movie turned into something much heavier with some added synth atmospheres. 


Lead Sheet (Tab)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2nds

Composition Strategies Game

September 30ths

On the Other Side of the Year

Songs With Bridges

Atomic Disease

Isomelody and Isorhythm

Harmonic Cycling