Time Capsule (1996)

12/2023: A short on the first verse using text-to-speech voices and shifting the syllables to where the original vocal was. (They voices are "Amy" and "Geraint" a Welsh voice) https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XRB1OXK75P4

I now realize the song could be about the Nag Hammadi but I didn't realize it at the time. When I started to make the video I thought footage of flowing and thrusting lava flows would be an interesting element. I watched some documentaries of Iceland volcanic history, then I saw the news about the current fissure eruption there. A curious synchronicity.

 



10/30/1996

This was inspired by a documentary on the search for a lost city in the Arabian desert. I thought that it was interesting that our digital culture will leave no artifacts at all, even in a time capsule.

There are no guitars on here at all. All the "guitar" parts were played on the bass through a distortion pedal.

 

Comments

Popular Posts